Business Insider Australia – Caroline Moss
Throughout history, tech innovators have had lots of common traits.
They’re bright, outside-the-box thinkers, creative, and open-minded about the future.
But here’s something you may not know about the tech founders listed below: they all went to Montessori school.
Montessori education is an educational approach developed by Italian physician and educator Maria Montessori. It is characterised by an emphasis on independence, freedom within limits, and respect for a child’s natural psychological, physical, and social development.
These elements are essential for proper Montessori training:
- Mixed age classrooms, with classrooms for children aged 2½ or 3 to 6 years old are by far the most common
- Student choice of activity from within a prescribed range of options
- Uninterrupted blocks of work time, ideally three hours
- A constructivist or “discovery” model, where students learn concepts from working with materials, rather than by direct instruction
- Freedom of movement within the classroom
Here are the tech innovators who attended Montessori school: